The Parish Council has been approached by the Sievert family from New Marske, who tragically lost their son Tom in July this year after he suffered from a fatal coronary occlusion - a sudden stoppage of the heart. The family are fundraising to have defibrillators installed throughout the Parish and Council have agreed to work in partnership with them to achieve their aim of installing 35 units, one for every year of Tom’s life.
Defibrillators have been installed in the following locations:
- Steve’s Shop, Kilbridge Close, New Marske
- New Marske Pharmacy
- Yorkshire Lass, New Marske
- Andy Levey Motor Body Repair Shop on Longbeck Trading Estate, Marske
- Coopers Chemist, Marske
- Emmanuel Church Ecco Building
- Cricket Club, Saltburn
- Co-op, Saltburn
- Gosnay's Butchers, Saltburn (donated by Saltburn Fire Station)
- Gleneagles Centre, New Marske (paid for by New Marske Community Group Ltd)
A further 5 units with metal boxes will be located at:
- Saltburn Library
- Marske Library
- A location in Longbeck
- Boots, Saltburn
- Surfs Up Cafe on the lower prom, Saltburn
If you need to use a defibrillator, call 999 and instructions will be given as to what to do.
If you would like to give a donation, no matter how small, you can send a cheque to the Parish Council offices made payable to Be Like Tom.